I missed my post deadline again! Sigh. The not so exciting story is that we got a call at 6 a.m. yesterday morning. Those are never pleasant. A horse was in the road and injured. The rest of the day was hauling the horse to the vet, moving the other horses, repairing the fence, and then moving the horses back. By the time we got home, I ached everywhere, and the blog was not at the forefront of my thoughts. My apologies. I think I should add to my goals for the coming year to focus on writing posts in advance, preventing emergencies from intruding.
Since I brought up goals, we made ours at Novel Clique this week. It’s always fun for me to set goals. I’m one of those people who likes to make a list of things and check off each thing as I do it. If I don’t lose the list, of course. This year we determined we would add a “pleasure” goal to the mix. I’ll admit I spent a lot of time thinking about that one. 🙂
My goals for 2013:
- Complete the agent requested edits of The G.A.P. Project
- Edit of Sam Dakota
- Summer project: Overhaul of Fires of the Soul
- Tech goal: my plan is to put more into the blog this year, more time, more effort, gulp, more money.
- Our group established a huge goal and commitment by establishing an editorial calendar for our Novel Clique blog. It all begins January 23 over on: Novel Clique
- Another group goal this year: a writer’s retreat. We love this time devoted to our writing and each other.
Last but not least, my pleasure goal:
- Time with the horses! Now that we’re here at the ranch where I can see them regularly, I plan on utilizing that time.