My writer’s group is participating in Pitch Wars. If you haven’t been involved, check it out here. For those of you who are already a part of it, Dannie Morin is hosting an event that is associated with Pitch Wars indirectly…as in, it seemed like a great thing for all of us participating to do for fun while we wait nervously on the sidelines. In Pitch Wars all of the mentors posted their bios and reasons potential mentees should submit their work to them. In a turn about is fair play, now the mentees will post their bio reasons their submissions should be chosen.
Here is my bio:
1. Master of patience: I taught 7th graders and then 9th graders, and I’m still alive to tell the tales. I have an infinite amount of patience with the slow pace of the writing business. Not so much with people driving slow in the fast lane…
2. Lifelong student: I learn from everything. Reading, life, film, and even TV. If you haven’t watched Blacklist yet, you need to. It is a writer’s craft book in itself. Brilliant!
3. Mall Stalker: I am great at finding characters in real life and not above stalking strangers until I have all the details I need to turn them into who I want them to be in my next novel.
4. Change!!! I love to change things up and the more often the better. I wrote a Sci-fi YA and then an adult thriller. My next YA is a paranormal. I love blending genres. Nearly all my books are a thriller as a base genre with another genre included.
5. Tastes: Some people like sweet and sour, but I like dark and deadly. In grad school, one semester I was not “allowed to kill” anyone (in print, of course). It was a sad time for me.
6. Editing!!: I love editing. Sometimes I think I love editing my stories as much, if not more than writing them. There’s something about getting into the work and really examining it that jazzes me.
7. Open: I want to hear it all. What sucks, what rocks, and what will reel them in.
8. Busy: I’m a busy college professor so I pay attention to deadlines and time. I won’t waste a mentor’s time because I wouldn’t want mine wasted.
9. Enough said: Chocolate is an aphrodisiac, and I love to share. Just saying.
10. Writers: Nothing is more fun than going one on one with another writer. Well, almost nothing…