Kreativ Blogger Award
A BIG thanks to Natasha Hanova blogger and paranormal writer who passed this award on to me. Her blog posts are upbeat approaches to writing and the writer’s life and include insightful advice, as well as, personal experiences she and her critique group have had. (I’m lucky enough to be a founding member) Find Natasha on Twitter here.
1) Say thanks and link back to the awarding blog.
2) Answer the following 7 questions.
3) Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4) Pass this on to 7 deserving others.
1. What’s your favorite song? This changes practically by the hour so catch me any time and you’ll get a different answer. Currently, it’s “Run” by Matt Nathanson (Featuring Jennifer Nettles)
2. What’s your favorite dessert? Anything pumpkin. I love it. If you need a specific dessert, I love spice cake.
3. What do you do when you’re upset? I have a prayer journal. I go there and pour it out. Sometimes I feel better. Sometimes it takes chocolate.
4. What is your favorite pet? We lost both our dog and our cat this last year. I admire traits of both but I find dogs are more my type of animal. Although they aren’t pets, I LOVE our horses best.
5. Which do you prefer – black or white? I’m Casper. Seriously, I’m glow in the dark white. Hate it. So, I will take black!
6. What is your biggest fear? Read my stories. Our work reveals our worst fears.
7. What is your attitude mostly? I’m a bit of a cynic, a child of the post sixties era. I accept nothing at face value. Prove it or I won’t accept it.
Ten Random Facts
1. My favorite age to teach is high school freshmen.
2. My favorite job is teaching college composition to college freshmen.
3. I danced for 36 hours in college to raise money for muscular dystrophy only to have my father be diagnosed at 82 with one of the diseases in the MD family.
4. I’m a lousy cook so I married a man who is a marvelous one.
5. Got my first kiss in kindergarten.
6. I’m not a girly girl and never have been. However, I have a fascination with jewelry. Costume because I’m cheap.
7. My critique partners are some of the best writers I’ve met.
8. I’ve visited every state in the union except Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii. My favorite was Colorado and my least favorite was Utah(apologies, I’m sure it’s a lovely state but I was fifteen and bored by it).
9. If I were graduating from high school now, I would go to school to become an FBI agent.
10. If I could bring someone back from the dead to talk to them, it would be Mark Twain.
I’d like to pass this award to:
Carol Riggs: She offers practical advice. Her blog gives actual critiques of manuscripts showing strengths and weaknesses. Invaluable to all writers writing for publication.
Becca Weston: A humorous, often irreverent, approach to writing and writing process, her blog always makes me smile even about things that often cause me grief.
Carla Luna Cullen: Into research or it’s important to your genre, check Carla’s blog out.
Laurie Dennison: Another blog with a humorous approach, her down to earth voice is relaxing when I’m tense from my writing demons.
Alice M. Fleury:Go to Alice’s blog to make sure you’re crossing your T’s and dotting your i’s in terms of craft.
JE Fritz: A great writing site with a literary approach.
Regina Kennedy Linton: A potpourri of anything and everything writing related.